PRAISE! We’re finally there, friends! We made the call to take a brief pause before opening these services. But without further ado, the time is finally here! Our protocols are in place + our team is ready to roll Monday, June 1st with skin care + massage services!
We can assure you, the same health + safety standards throughout our salon have been implemented in our spa. And then some. Since massage is governed by the Medical Board, a few extra best practices are in place to keep everyone safe. For the good of the order, we’ve incorporated some of these elsewhere in our salons + spas. You know, because we’re extra like that.
specifically for safety, here’s what you can expect:
- Temperatures + Doorway Screening Assessments are mandatory per Responsible RestartOhio for sectors licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio. This includes massage, and because many of our facial services incorporate massage, we’re implementing these two items for all skin and massage guests. So no surprises. When you enter for your visit, a guest expert will help with a quick temperature check on a digital thermometer. Then, when you’re back in room with your esthetician or massage therapist, you’ll complete a quick daily assessment in addition to your massage or skin care form. Easy peasy.
- We know hand washing is the golden rule. We’re washing our hands like mad. For the good of the order, we’re going to have you wash your hands before we get started, too.
- We’re donning our masks, and in some cases, shields and gloves, too. As we’ve shared before, masks are a must for guests, too — even in the spa. Here’s how it’s going to work. For your skin care services (like facials + waxing) we’ll ask you to keep your mask on unless you physically cannot, to experience the service. So let’s say you’re getting your brows waxed — keep that baby on. But for a facial, you’ll need to remove the mask — but rest assured, we’ll have our gear on. And for massage, if you’re face up, keep that mask on. But when you’re face down, we’ll create a face covering with a pillowcase draped around the headrest.
- Have full confidence that the linens on that spa bed are clean + crisp. After each service, beds will be flipped, surfaces will be sanitized. Massage Therapists will be changing their clothes between every service, too.
- We all know that skin care and massage services are heavy with products. Those creams and serums will be portioned individually before each service and/or bottles will be fully sanitized between use. Same goes with makeup. You’ll see us dipping out the products we need and using disposable tools (where possible) for that star-quality makeup app!
- The services we’re discussing here happen behind closed doors. Rest assured that our HVAC systems are running to keep the air pure. In fact, we change our filters even more frequently than what’s recommended to make sure of that.
Guests, you can rest assured that you’ll be safe during your self-care visit. We’re not sure how long we’ll be operating under these new guidelines — but we’ll do whatever we have to do to make sure we’re back to doing what we do best — improving lives from the outside in.
For a full rundown of all the Health + Safety Standards at PENZONE, find our OG blog below!
See ya soon, furballs!