We've been at it for over 6 months + we're so happy to say that everyone is staying safe and healthy. Here's another peek inside. You know - just a little more assurance that you can get here + enjoy the self-care that you need right now.
november 2020 update.
KEEPING OUR SALONS + SPAS SAFE
Health + safety remain tops for us. You’ll soon find our new iWave Air Purification system in all of our salons + spas. It eliminates 99.4% of airborne pathogens, including Coronavirus.
september 2020 update.
We’ve been back at this thing since May 17th. On one hand we feel like it was just yesterday. But on the other, we’ve witnessed all the magic — the transformations, the self-care, the feel-good moments — and we know that lots of work + a ton of good effort have gone into the last several months.
Take a look at our updated Health + Safety Standards vid to see what you can expect during your next visit!
Our salons + spas are protected by microSURE. This sanitation technology + spray treatment safeguards against 99.99% of germs and bacteria, including Coronavirus. This superior formulation instantly kills germs on contact, offers three months of protection, and is a non-toxic, eco-friendly formulation.
original health + safety blog.
BELOW, FIND THE FULL-ON, ORIGINAL SET OF SAFETY STANDARDS WE PUT IN PLACE. IT’S A LONG READ, BUT IT’S WORTH YOUR WHILE.
We have never, ever, been more excited to say, all PENZONE Salon + Spa locations are reopening on May 15th for hair + nail services! Here’s how it’s going to play out. During these first few days, we’re inviting our team in so we can practice our new protocols. This time will give us the chance to train our team, allow our artists + therapists a minute to get acquainted with their new safety gear, and ultimately, will allow us to uphold the safety standards and the guest experience we’re known for.
That said, it’s game on for guests beginning Sunday, May 17th. Our entire team cannot wait to see you + your roots. 😉
We’ve compiled a run down of all the things that we’ve done, and will continue to do, to keep health + safety a top priority. (Post updated July 10, 2020.)
here’s what you can expect:
We’ve updated our hours to give you more access to our artists, therapists and the services they provide. We’re observing social distancing after we open, so while there will be fewer people in the salons working, we’ve adjusted our hours of operation to make up for that. Your favorite pro may be on a slightly different schedule – so be aware of that as you’re booking.
We’re designating the 7-8am timeframe for at risk guests — those over 60, anyone who is immunocompromised, has underlying conditions, or is pregnant. Our team members working the early bird shift have opted in to do so.
At this time, we’ll be proceeding with hair + nail services, only. Massage and skin care services will resume on June 1.
THE WELCOME EXPERIENCE
- Please arrive as close to the time of your appointment as possible. We ask that you stay in your car until the start time of your appointment.
- We ask that any guests without an appointment (this includes guests of all ages – adults + children) temporarily stay safe and stay home during this time. Of course, children with appointments are welcome and may be accompanied by an adult. We plan to resume the community vibe in our welcome zones and social rooms as soon as we’re safely able to do so.
- You’ll still be greeted with a smile, you just may not see it. Yep, masks. On every single team member.
- Guests must wear masks, too. If you don’t have one of your own, ASK! And don’t be bashful about it. We have plenty and would love to share to help everyone feel safe. Periodically you may see a guest without a mask, but that’s only when their service literally doesn’t allow it to be on.
- We’re encouraging all to be in tune with how they’re feeling. We’re encouraging self-temperature checks and self-assessments to confirm everyone’s well — both to come to work and to enjoy services. We’ll do a quick temp check upon your entry just to be sure.
- Self check-in kiosks have temporarily been replaced by a guest expert who will be glad to greet you and get you checked-in.
- Free Sips (Infused Spa Water, Crimson Cup drip coffee, and fresh-brewed tea) are still available. Just expect to sip on these bevs in eco-friendly disposable drinkware for now. Same goes with our elevated coffee offerings, cocktails, wine + more. For both options, place your order with the guest expert who checks you in. It’ll be relayed to our social host who will deliver your drink.
- Might want to bring a book to read. All magazines and books have temporarily been removed. If you need a charger for your phone, we have you covered!
- We’re continuing to observe social distancing in our welcome zones. Seating there now includes extra space.
- “Try-me” areas and product testers have been removed for the time being.
- We’re certain our team would like nothing more than to give you a BIG SQUEEZE as soon as they lay eyes on you. For now, let’s all agree on air hugs and air handshakes.
HOW WE PLAN TO STAY SQUEAKY CLEAN
- Our salons + spas are protected by microSURE. This sanitation technology + spray treatment safeguards against 99.99% of germs and bacteria, including Coronavirus. This superior formulation instantly kills germs on contact, offers three months of protection, and is a non-toxic, eco-friendly formulation.
- Like always, our salons are professionally deep cleaned every evening. Our cleaning crew is continuing to use a hospital-grade disinfectant on all high touch areas like door handles, table top surfaces, faucets + more.
- All throughout the day, our team will be focused on sanitizing all areas, surfaces, and implements that are guest-facing like door handles, countertops, credit card machines, etc. Hand sanitizer and various personal care products will continue to be abundantly available all throughout our salons.
- All artists + therapists will be wearing masks, and/or face shields. Hand washing is the gold standard, but in addition, some artists may wear gloves, so long as the service can allow for it.
- Don’t be caught off guard if your artist or therapist guides you to grab sanitizer or do a thorough hand wash before your service begins.
- All artists go through required sanitation classes in order to renew their license bi-annually. But, rest assured, all artists + therapists have completed an additional sanitation class focused on COVID-19 preparedness.
- We’ve implemented social distancing and have placed space dividers, where applicable, between stations.
- Plexiglass partitions will be in place in the nail rooms. In addition to implements, all polish bottles will be disinfected between guests.
- Dual Mani/Pedi services are temporarily discontinued. Skin care + massage services will return on Monday, June 1st! (PRAISE!)
RETURNS + RESCHEDULING
- For right now, we are temporarily suspending retail returns.
- As we’ve mentioned before, if you find yourself not feeling well before an upcoming appointment, please call and let us help you reschedule, no questions asked + no fees associated.
- We’re encouraging our team to be mindful of how they’re feeling, too. Please be patient of any appointments that may need to be adjusted. We promise, we’ll make sure you get the much anticipated self-care that you deserve.
We’re not sure how long we’ll be operating under these new guidelines — but we’ll do whatever we have to do to make sure we’re back to doing what we do best — improving lives from the outside in.
The well-being of our guests, our team, and their families remains a focus for how we operate. Self-care is always a priority in our book — and especially in times like these. Thank you for continuing to place your trust in our brand and in the diligence of our team.
Trust us when we say, we cannot wait to welcome you back home.