Debbie Penzone hops on the mic solo this week to share some of the most difficult parts of her childhood + early career, how those experiences shaped her perspective on beauty, and “The Why” behind PENZONE’s recent brand transformation.
Today your host Debbie Penzone is on the mic solo to dive deep into “The Why” behind it all — how our PENZONE brand got started and some of the ups and downs along the journey that got us to where we are today.
As many of you know, we made major leaps and bounds over the past few years, totally rebranding who we are to better align with the impact we want to make in our Columbus community, the country, and the world.
We’re still changing and evolving every day, learning from what worked (and what didn’t) yesterday, and we’re excited to continue to share our journey with all of you through this show.
Other things mentioned in the episode:
- Why Debbie started thinking about how we define beauty
- Starting “The Debbie Club” — and then getting kicked out!
- How too many young people let the discouraging words of others take away their dream, including young Debbie
- Meeting your first mentor
- Debbie’s first interview at a PENZONE Salon
- How Dale Carnegie changed the direction of Debbie’s life
- Marrying Charles A. Penzone
- What’s important to us as a brand? What matters?
- Nurturing a PENZONE community
- The most recent additions to our PENZONE family
Subscribe to the Show:
Connect with Debbie: