Get the scoop on the best hair products to wrap up your summer + find out which products you’ll need this winter.
Hello friend! I’m Rosie, a Designer Hair Artist at PENZONE Polaris. Today I want to talk about the two things I love most (besides my dogs): hair and Fall. I will also recommend a list of hair products for the end of Summer, that will help support your hair care routine during the shift of seasons.
We all love summer but it can be brutal to our luscious locks. Sunshine, chlorine, and even driving with the windows down can cause dryness and breakage. You know what I’m talking about. A sunny day, perfect temp, you open the sunroof and roll down the windows! By the time you get home your hair is a tangled mess, you grab your brush and watch your little broken hairs float away in the summer breeze. Fall approaches, and all that remains of summer lingers in your sun faded hair color and tan lines.
As seasons change, so should your hair routine. As we mentally start the transition from Summer to the colder months of the year, it is very important to remember that our hair need some love and care to adapt to the change of season too. We want to restore hydration and keep our hair protected from the cold weather.
cure your hair’s summer hangover.
Hydration is key to repair and prep out hair for Fall/Winter. Here’s what I recommend:
1. Davines The Quick Fix Circle – Regenerating hair mask that only takes 3 minutes! Apply after shampooing and rinse after 3 minutes. It moisturizes and untangles the hair making it soft, silky and workable.
2. Global Keratin Treatment – GK is a Juvexin based keratin treatment that lasts 3-5 months so you’ll have great hair all winter! It protects, smoothes, and restores the hair without using harsh chemicals. This treatment is great for every hair type because it can be customized to your needs. BONUS: the treatment also comes with a full sized shampoo and conditioner for at home maintenance! Want to experience this incredible treatment for yourself? Get booked with me or one our artists at a location near you!
keep static away during winter.
Now that we have your hair feeling soft and amazing, let’s focus on what you’ll need for cooler weather. When the weather changes our hair tends to lose moisture as the air gets dry and cold. Then your arch nemesis, static, starts ruining your good hair days.
Here’s what I reccomend:
1. L’anza Healing ColorCare Color Illuminator –
This weightless shine spray will combat static and revive your color! Instantly boost vibrancy and vividness with 3-5 sprays on dry hair. The formula is water based so no need to worry about it being oily or heavy. This also doubles as a thermal protector up to 500°.
2. ColorWow Coconut-Infused Dream Cocktail –
A leave-in treatment for dull, dry, dehydrated hair that’s perfect for curly and textured hair, or anyone with color-treated, keratin-treated, over-processed, or damaged hair. Add a few pumps to towel dried hair and comb in. Fine hair may only need 1-2 pumps while thicker hair could use 3-6 pumps.
3. Davines OI Oil – This oil is nourishing, hydrating, detangling, and frizz fighting working especially well on coarse or dry hair. Add 1- 5 pumps to towel dried hair. You can also use 1-2 pumps as a finisher on dry hair.
more products to step-up you fall/winter hair care routine.
Olaplex No 3 Hair Protector is great for two reasons: it’ll leave your hair looking fantastic and it’s a leave-in treatment, which means it pairs perfectly with a little you time!
OI All In One Milk is a multi-function lightweight leave-in spray treatment that softens, detangles, controls frizz and protects the hair from heat. Everything you need in few sprays.
Moisture Repair Shampoo Repair damaged hair caused by color, chemical processing, or heat styling. Moroccanoil® Moisture Repair Shampoo gently and effectively cleanses and revives hair, leaving it nourished, manageable, and strong.
Dream Coat For Curly Hair Meet the “curl whisperer”! Breakthrough, light-as-water spray air-dries to deliver the silky, glossy, perfectly defined, “crunch-free” curls of your dreams!
not your regular fall drink.
Now that we have our hair sorted, let’s talk Fall drinks! Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons! Cooler weather brings cozy blankets, warm hair colors, and hot drinks. The next time you’re in the salon you should try my signature drink at the Social Bar, a ‘Rosie Latte’. It’s a black tea latte with 2% or almond milk and (sugar-free or regular) caramel syrup! If that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea just ask the Social Host to see a menu for other delicious drinks like the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte from CrimsonCup.
Feel free to stop by any of our locations to scoop up these products during your next appointment or order them online. Be sure to mention my name- ROSIE, you can also find me on Instagram!
Thank you so much for reading my blog post and Happy Fall!!!