PENZONE artists Violet, Madison, and Embrey share their best self-care tips to help teachers and parents pamper themselves as we get back to school.
School is back in session, but things are looking a little different this year — and it’s a LOT for both our school teachers and our parents who are stepping up to help teach. With the weight of so many uncertainties and new responsibilities, we know a lot of “teachers” are feeling overwhelmed.
So, we want to help you keep your stressors at bay with some much-needed self-care!
To help you pamper yourself, we invited a rockstar panel of PENZONE artists to share their best self-care tips: Violet, Director at PENZONE Gahanna/New Albany; Madison, an Esthetician, Makeup Artist, and Master Nail Artist; and Embrey, a Master Massage Therapist.
Here are a few things that everyone can keep in mind and take advantage of as we head into the last few months of 2020:
- You can’t be your best self if you don’t take care of yourself first! So don’t feel guilty for setting some time aside to be alone, especially if you’re a mom.
- Make your self-care a daily practice. Even just five minutes of time to yourself every morning can make a big difference, and you can build up from there.
- Make sure the other people in your life know your routine. If everyone in your family knows that the hour after work is bath time, they will respect that.
- Self-care doesn’t have to be complicated or look a certain way. Never underestimate the benefits of a hot bath!
- Don’t forget about nature! We’ve all been home a lot more this year, but there are a lot of mental and physical health benefits from just being outside and near nature. Just reading your book outside or taking a 30-minute walk in the park can really do wonders.
- We hold a lot of stress in our bodies, so there are few better ways to approach mind and body self-care than with a good massage! Whether you only have 30 minutes or want to indulge in Premiere Custom Massage, our Massage Therapists will help you let go of the stress you’re holding onto in your body. You can even book an appointment with Embrey!
- When you look good, you feel good. Whether you get a blowout for a new look on those Zoom calls or treat yourself to a manicure for the first few weeks back in class, these little things for yourself can do a lot to help you feel better throughout the day.
If you can’t get into the salon, you can take the PENZONE experience home, too! These are some of Violet, Madison, and Embrey’s favorite products for an at-home pampering:
- Olaplex No 3 Hair Protector is great for two reasons: it’ll leave your hair looking fantastic and it’s a leave-in treatment, which means it pairs perfectly with a little you time!
- Biotone Polar Lotion really gets into your muscles to help you relax.
- Aromatherapy, which can be great for not just relaxing but also giving yourself a boost of energy! Check out doTERRA essentials oils for the body or for use in diffusers and Shankara for body oils.
- Jan Marini Skin Zyme® is a papaya mask that works for every skin type. Whether your pores are clogged or you need to get rid of a layer of dry skin, it works wonders.
- CND Almond Moisture Scrub + CND Almond Hydrating Lotion is a revitalizing and hydrating one-two punch for any skin regimen. We especially recommend trying these on your hands and feet!
Subscribe to the Show:
Connect with Debbie: